Now I have been living at the horse farm for a few weeks and I can tell things are changing in my life a lot:
I am becoming a Horse Girl.
You might ask yourself, what exactly is a horse girl, so let me give you some points:
1. Horse Girls have a horse or talk about horses all the time.
– I think I do that as I am soooo excited, that my amazing horse has decided to let me ride him. Honestly that is a miracle. One day he was like, it’s ok for you to ride me. Don’t do it more than 30 min as I get tired, but those 30 mins are yours. He really tries to do what I would like him to do, even though he still doesn’t have a lot of muscles, but with our 30mins every day routine that might change. So point 1: Check.
2. Horse Girls are most comfortable in horse clothes.
-Yes. I love to wear my comfy riding clothes. I actually get a bit uncomfortable when going to see my friends and I need to put on “normal clothes”. After my Reiki course I invested in white clothes due to letting my aura shine, but have subsequently put those aura-shine-white-t-shirts in the back of my wardrobe. White t-shirts are not compatible with horses. Horses are always dirty and dusty. Always. So point 2: Check.
3. Horse Girls smell.
-Yes. When bringing out hay (these horses eat a LOT of hay…) pulling water hoses to refill their buckets of water (which they absolutely LOVE to empty out by turning over the bucket) and riding them you get so sweaty. Why I am not sure, but you do get sweaty a lot, so you smell. So point 3: Check.
4. Horse Girls love horses more than people.
– Well. Horses don’t answer you back, they really love you when you come to the field (if you have a treat in your pocket, mind you), they love you when you bring them hay, they love you when you feed them and they love you when you give them carrots. Sounds reasonable- doesn’t it? People can be nice too, but sometimes they don’t love you like a horse when you give them food in a bucket. But I do like people too, so I think I have to only half check this point.
5.Horse Girls are tough as old boots.
– Real horse girls are scary. Honestly. They are butch, tough and treat their horses and friends the same way, in a tough love kind of way (their excuse:they are asking for it and need a bit of discipline…) They don’t mind pain and think if they can move a 500 kg animal, they can definitely move a 80 kg person. So watch out for the real horse girls. I am not there yet. Will somebody tell me if I get scary? Probably not as then I am too scary… Hmmm.
6. Horse Girls spend all their money on their horse.
-Yes. Having a look around stables it is absolutely amazing how many little powders, supplements, different foods and sprays a horse needs. Each horse gets their individual food made up from various different ingredients (and I have to learn all of them for when I start feeding the horses when they come back from the field). The area where the food stands looks like a horse-food-supermarket. But besides the food, vitamins and supplements they also need a little garlic infused anti-fly-sprays (this confuses me as the barn over sudden smells like an Italian restaurant), oil for their food and other oil for their hooves. I have to say my horse also gets 3 different ingredients for his dinner. He also gets apples, carrots and licorice treats. I also like the mint treats, they give him a nice fresh breath. Then he has a hoof oil and an organic anti-fly-spray which is also ok for using on humans, even though I always forget to put it on me and end up with all the insect bites. But at least my horse is not bitten. So yes, having a horse is expensive and they always need things, such as the cute bridle, a new brush or about five thousand kg of treats. Point 6: definitely check.
7. Horse girls only want to be with their horses.
-Check. Having a job outside the barn is valuable time away from your horse and that needs to be minimized. Point 7: Check.
8. Horse girls prefer horses to boy-friends.
-Well, have you seen those boy-friends of horse girls? They quietly help bringing hay to the horse or taking the shit out of the box, but whatever they do it is under the close supervision of the horse girl. I think in a way the boys come second to the horses, as the horse needs to be taken care of and the boy-friend usually can fend for himself. Not sure on this one.
9. Horse girls have their own language.
-Yes. You need to know all the best stallions in your country if you want to be a real horse girl, then there are dressage move to know, different bridles etc. So start revising. Best if you also know about all the terrible things a horse can get in terms of diseases (then you can scare the others when you have the next stable meeting) I am still learning those…
10. Horse girls are happier.
-YES AND MY HORSE IS AMAZING…
and remember out there: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY-or if you are a real horse girl or not.